Friday 26 December 2014

Humble Beginnings

I've recently got into Deadzone in a big way - all of the faction starters, all of the expansions...  And no regular opponents!  I want to use all of my shiny new models, so there's only one thing for it; narrative campaign using the AI mode!  Naturally, there'll be some tweaks;

Player "Characters"

I've decided to rank the factions in a semi-arbitrary fashion in how much they seem like they should be "AI" factions.  To choose who will be fighting, the plan is to roll D6 twice and simply go down the list, with the highest being the one I control and the lower one being the AI faction.  This will mean that the Plague will always be AI, which I figure makes sense?

1 The Crew of the Angel Falls : Rebs
2 Starhammer and Co : Forge Fathers
3 Gulgrim's Recovery Services : Marauders
4 Strike Force Echo Five Bravo : Enforcers
5 The Wraithbane Clade : Asterians
6 Outbreak 153 : Plague

Injuries

Everyone who is killed during a game will be allowed to roll on the injury table, with the 3 Rep option being a re roll instead.  I can't quite bring myself to believe that anyone plays this by the book.

Code 13

When every faction has 200 points' worth of models (NOT gear), I will upgrade to Code 13 for everyone.  If I'm still interested when I get to 300 points for every faction, I will look into upgrading again (Code 26?), adding the modifiers again; 130 points a side and 16VPs to win.  Never know, may happen!

So these are the basics.  The plan is to start putting up some battles ASAP, along with some unit profiles and maybe some other Warpath-related stuff.  Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment